Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Welcome to Felt Food For Ashley!

In a quest to discover something better than plastic food toys - which are easily broken, and often not realistically colored, I found people all over the internet creating food out of felt. I was in love! Felt is cheap to buy, and easy to work with. Even beginners can work with felt.
Everything I am making is done entirely by hand - no sewing machines (because mine doesn't work) They take a half hour to two hours to create.
Most of the items I make are of my own design. However, if I use a pattern or have a specific place I saw them at, I will link to it.
My goal with this blog, really is just to show what I've made for others to see. I'm not making any patterns, nor do I have any intention to sell felt food. I'm just making them for my daughter.
The first batch of them are to be saved and given to her on her 2nd birthday. That gives me just under five months to make them! My plan is to create one item each night.
Thanks for looking, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment