Thursday, February 10, 2011

Potato Chips

Next up in my felt food project - a bag of potato chips!

These were inspired by this tutorial, and I hope to do the whole set, but since I already had what I needed to do the chips, they were first.


Here are all of the pieces, minus the velcro. You can see that I hadn't quite cut out all the chips when I took this picture. My piece of felt fit 23 of my chips... so 20 are my chips, and the other three went on the outside of the chip bag.



Here is the front of the bag completed. I embroidered (the best I can) "chips" and sewed them on, along with three of my chips.

After that, I turned the pieces inside out, and put the velcro on the top to make the bag seal shut. Then I sewed up the sides, leaving some space and an opening at the bottom. Next, I turned it the right way, and added two rows of stitches near the bottom to close it, but to make it look like the bottom of a chip bag.




Finished! I didn't do anything to the chips because I liked them the way they are, but you could double them up and sew together to make them thicker, or add lines to make them looked like the ridged chips. For now, I'm leaving them as is, but I might change that later.

This one took me a lot longer than I thought it would - about three hours total.

Hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment